Sunday, June 27, 2010

CHANGE YOUR THINKING, CHANGE YOUR WORLD!!!!

Change Your Thinking, Change Your World!!!!
I firmly believe this: "CHANGE YOUR THINKING, CHANGE YOUR WORLD"!!!! We have to constantly work on changing ourselves from the inside out. If we do not change how we think we will not be able to change our behaviors and our lives forever. If we think and the what we have always thought and done, we will get what we have always gotten. Therefore, it is very important to change the way you think so that you can change your behaviors and your life forever. This is a lifetime journey. We need to stop thinking of this as a diet and realize that it is a lifestyle change one that we will be working on forever. It is a journey of a lifetime, a good one, one that will continue to make us happy and healthy.

I found what is printed below by Ruby which confirmed what I have always believed. What she has written is wonderful, I have read it twice already.

BY CHANGING YOUR WAY OF THINKING AND BELIEVING CAN CHANGE YOU AND THE WORLD:
A young girl was walking along a beach upon which thousands of starfish had been washed up during a terrible storm. When she came to each starfish, she would pick it up, and throw it back into the ocean. People watched her with amusement.

She had been doing this for some time when a man approached her and said, “Little girl, why are you doing this? Look at this beach! You can’t save all these starfish. You can’t begin to make a difference!”

The girl seemed crushed, suddenly deflated. But after a few moments, she bent down, picked up another starfish, and hurled it as far as she could into the ocean. Then she looked up at the man and replied,

“Well, I made a difference to that one!”

The old man looked at the girl inquisitively and thought about what she had done and said. Inspired, he joined the little girl in throwing starfish back into the sea. Soon others joined, and all the starfish were saved. - adapted from the Star Thrower by Loren C. Eiseley


BELIEVE IN YOURSELF AND OTHERS!
NEVER GIVE UP ON YOU OR ANYONE!
FIGHT WITH ME, FIGHT YOUR ADDICTION, FIGHT FOR YOUR DREAMS!
START TODAY AND MAKE THAT DECISION IN YOUR LIFE TO BE THE BEST YOU!
BEFORE YOU ALLOW IT TO ENTER YOUR MIND REMEMBER
If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You have another chance.”

“We all have big changes in our lives that are more or less a second chance.”

“Verbalize your faith and trust, not your doubts and worries. Your mind believes what you tell it.”

I love the above quote that Ruby added here, it is so, so true. We have to have faith, trust and believe in ourselves. Our minds believe what we tell it. Seems simply, right? Sometimes it is not so simple to believe in ourselves when we have gone through so much throughout our lives with other people, even strangers, judging us and putting us down because of our weight. This is an ongoing process, a process that we have to work on every day. If firmly believe in positive affirmations and quotes and read them daily. They help put us in the right frame of mind so that we can change the way we think on a daily basis. Today, I believe in myself, I believe in all of you. I know I can reach a healthy goal weight and maintain for life and I know each and everyone of you can do the same. There are so many wonderfully supportive, successful, and inspirational people here. We can all learn from one another and every day on plan is a day of success.

BELIEVE IN YOURSELF AS I BELIEVE IN YOU!!! YOU CAN DO THIS AND WE WILL DO IT TOGETHER!!!!!

Today, I believe I can continue this journey, reach a healthy weight, and maintain for life. I tell myself this every day and reaffirm it with positive quotes and affirmations daily.

Make your list of positive affirmations today and read them many times throughout the day and before you know it you, too, will be CHANGING YOUR THINKING AND CHANGING YOUR WORLD!!!!

Mary

2 comments:

  1. “Verbalize your faith and trust, not your doubts and worries. Your mind believes what you tell it.”

    I LOVE that quote. It's like, what am I telling myself as I am thinking? Am I thinking of all my worries and doubts? What I dwell on is what I will create so it IS all in our thoughts... we need to keep them positive!! I so agree with that. There is a little booklet called "As a man thinketh" that explains this so well.

    It's a constant battle every day to think the positive no matter what happens. There was a guy who was like this... always had something positive to say about everything. Then one day, his whole business burned to the ground. He looked at the burnt rubble and said "Whew, now I don't have to take inventory... what a blessing." Even in the most devastating situation, he found a positive and just inspired those around him. I think this is a GIFT or even a TALENT we have to pursue and PRACTICE to get.

    Thanks for your motivational post!!

    ~Margene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary,

    I nominated you for a blogger award. You can pick it up at my blog!! Congrats!!

    ~Margene
    http://www.believingitspossible.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete