Thursday, June 24, 2010

SEVEN STEPS TO ACHIEVING YOUR DREAM!!!!

By Chris Widener with additional notes by myself.

"Vision is the spectacular that inspires us to carry out the mundane." -- Chris Widener

Can achievement be broken down into steps? Well, it isn't always that clean and easy, but I do know that those who achieve great things usually go through much of the same process, with many of the items listed below as part of that process. So if you have been struggling with achievement, look through the following and internalize the thoughts presented. Then begin to apply them. You will be on the road to achieving your dream just like I have with following the Medifast/Take Shape for Life program, loseing 348 pounds, and saving my life which I continue to do on a daily basis with my new healthier lifestyle.

1. Dream it - Everything begins in the heart and mind. Every great achievement began in the mind of one person. They dared to dream, to believe that it was possible. Take some time to allow yourself to ask "What if?" Think big. Don't let negative thinking discourage you. You want to be a "dreamer." Dream of the possibilities for yourself, your family, and for others. If you had a dream that you let grow cold, re-ignite the dream! Fan the flames. Life is too short to let it go. I have always dreamed of being thinner and healthier, freeing myself from the prison I was in within my own body. I dreamed of being able to do things with any limitations due to my weight. I continue to dream these dreams, some have come true and the rest will follow as long as I continue to dream and continue my journey to optimal health.

2. Believe it - Yes, your dream needs to be big. It needs to be something that is seemingly beyond your capabilities. But it also must be believable. You must be able to say that if certain things take place, if others help, if you work hard enough, though it is a big dream, it can still be done. Good example: A person with no college education can dream that he will build a 50 million-dollar a year company. That is big, but believable. Bad example: That a 90 year-old woman with arthritis will someday run a marathon in under 3 hours. It is big alright, but also impossible. She should instead focus on building a 50 million-dollar a year business! And she better get a move on! My dream is big---SAVING MY LIFE IS A BIG DREAM AND HELPING OTHERS DO THE SAME AND IT IS DEFINITELY ACHIEVABLE. I have already saved my life through the Grace of God and with the help and support of family, friends and so many wonderful people here. I thank you all. I am continuing to save my life each and every day.

3. See it - The great achievers have a habit. They "see" things. They picture themselves walking around their CEO office in their new 25 million-dollar corporate headquarters, even while they are sitting on a folding chair in their garage "headquarters." Great free-throw shooters in the NBA picture the ball going through the basket. PGA golfers picture the ball going straight down the fairway. World-class speakers picture themselves speaking with energy and emotion. All of this grooms the mind to control the body to carry out the dream. I picture myself at a healthy weight, doing many things without any limitations and working with others to lose weight and get healthy. I work on this each and every day.

4. Tell it - One reason many dreams never go anywhere is because the dreamer keeps it all to himself. It is a quiet dream that only lives inside of his mind. The one who wants to achieve their dream must tell that dream to many people. One reason: As we continually say it, we begin to believe it more and more. If we are talking about it then it must be possible. Another reason: It holds us accountable. When we have told others, it spurs us on to actually do it so we don't look foolish. I tell anyone who will listen and I share with others everywhere that I can about my successful weight loss and this wonderful program that can help them too. I am very passionate about this program and am willing to talk, share, help anyone who wants help. I am very proud of my success and proud of this program.

5. Plan it - Every dream must take the form of a plan. The old saying that you "get what you plan for" is so true. Your dream won't just happen. You need to sit down, on a regular basis, and plan out your strategy for achieving the dream. Think through all of the details. Break the whole plan down into small, workable parts. Then set a time frame for accomplishing each task on your "dream plan." I plan and prepare every day to be successful with staying on plan, getting in all my MF meals and drinking plenty of water. I am working on adding more exercise to my daily regimen and I plan and prepare every day to support others on this journey to optimal healthy and provider helpful, motivational, and inspiring information daily.

6. Work it - Boy, wouldn't life be grand if we could quit before this one! Unfortunately the successful are usually the hardest workers. While the rest of the world is sitting on their couch watching re-runs of Gilligan's Island, achievers are working on their goal - achieving their dream. I have an equation that I work with: Your short-term tasks, multiplied by time, equal your long-term accomplishments. If you work on it each day, eventually you will achieve your dream. War and Peace was written, in longhand, page by page. I work the plan every day and at work at taking care of me by changing the way that I think so that I can change my behaviors and my life forever. I am a work in progress and will continue to work daily and I know that everything I do no matter how small is a step in the right direction towards a thinner, healthier me. I believe that every day on plan is a day of success.

7. Enjoy it - When you have reached your goal and you are living your dream, be sure to enjoy it. In fact, enjoy the trip too. Give yourself some rewards along the way. Give yourself a huge reward when you get there. Help others enjoy it. Be gracious and generous. Use your dream to better others. Then go back to number 1. And dream a little bigger this time! Although this journey can be tough at times, I enjoy working at taking care of me. I finally realize how important my life is and how important it is for me to put me first. I am enjoying my journey even when I hit bumps along the way, I work to get past and am proud of all I have accomplished in changing me from the inside out and I will continue this journey for life. Along the way I am helping others do the same and will always be there to help and pay it forward. My passion drives me to do better and better each day and to help as many people as I possible can through my experience and success. I have alsow rewarded myself in nonfood ways along the journey. I AM WORTH IT!!! YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!! LET US ALL CONTINUE THIS JOURNEY TOGETHER TO LOSE WEIGHT AND GET HEALTHY ONE DAY, ONE MEAL, AND ONE THOUGHT AT A TIME!!!!

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment