Monday, June 21, 2010

STRESS AND YOUR WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY!!!!

Stress can have an important impact on our weight loss journey if we let it. Late Friday afternoon I received some very stressful news and was very upset, not knowing what to do. It literally stopped me in my tracks from concentrating on my job and things that needed to be done. I talked with my husband and my best friend and all I could do after that was pray and sleep. So I spent every waking moment that evening praying and God answered my prayers. Saturday morning there was a resolution to my stressful news.

Over the years I and I am sure we all have experienced stressful situations. Prior to starting my Medifast/Take Shape for Life journey I have always turned to food for comfort which in turned always made me feel worse afterwards. This time I turned to loved ones, God, and prayer. A much better option than turning to food.

Stress is a part of life and we all need to learn how to deal with stress. We to need have a plan of action for when stressful situations arise so that we are not turning to food for what we think will relieve that stress although it does not ever relieve the stress, it creates more stress.

My plan of talking with loved ones, God and prayer worked for me and I will rely on this plan again and again. I also have been successful with journaling to help release the stress and/or any other emotions that I need to deal with without turning to food.

WHAT IS YOUR PLAN OF ACTION?

I have to work hard each and every day to change my thinking so that I can continue to change my behaviors and my life forever and utilizing such plans helps tremendously. This is an ongoing process. It is a lifestyle change. Let us all continue to work on our plan of action for stressful/emotional times that arise in our lives. We can do it, it is a matter of choice, and what you want for yourself.

Write your plan of action today so you are prepared to deal with what stress/problems/emotions arise in your life.

Have a wonderful day!!!!

Mary

www.marydipalma.tsfl.com

1 comment:

  1. You said it, "change my thinking" - that has been a huge KEY for me in making changes in my life. Not even just in losing weight but in how I view my relationships and in everything!! It all starts with our thoughts because we always think something before we act.

    Steven R. Covey stated that "private victories precede public victories". It is true that "as a man thinketh" so is he (or her). For me, it's been a journey of controlling and changing the WAY that I think and what I choose to believe about myself and others. Choosing the THINK positive and SEE the positive from every situation is my goal and I am doing better... but old thought patterns try to creep in there and I have to remind myself that I have a new pattern I'm following.

    Always a challenge but SO worth that effort!

    ~Margene

    ReplyDelete