Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Realizing Your Success!!!

Realizing our success is something that many ignore and only look at how far they still have to go, this includes me at times.

I have lost 346 pounds to date, wow, that is a lot of weight, that could be 3 petite women. I know that is huge and I am very proud of my success and I thank God every day for saving my life with this wonderful program. Since I started at such a high weight of 604 pounds, I still consider myself huge as I still have over 100 pounds to lose to reach a healthy weight. I have to admit sometimes this gets me down. I lost a huge amount of weight and I am still big, still obese.

When this happens I have to quickly change my thinking and remind myself that had I not lost 346 pounds, I would not even be here today and my daughter would not have her mother. I have to talk to myself, which I admit, I do often. I have to tell myself to look at how far I have come, how much better I feel, how my life has changed, then I can continue on with my new healthier lifestyle.

The point I want to make here is no matter how much weight you have to lose, do not look at how far you have to go, instead look at what you have accomplished. I believe every day on plan is a day of success no matter what the scale says. As long as you are following the plan as written, drinking plenty of water, and getting in your exercise you are a success. The scale will show it when it's ready. We have no control over what the scale says. So please, realize your success not only by the scale, realize your success by your actions, by how you feel, by your measurements, and by how you have changed your thinking and changed your behaviors.

I know I still have a long way to go and I also know that I am on the right path. I am eating healthy on a daily basis, riding my bike daily (I do need to increase my exercise), I am drinking plenty of water, I am constantly working on changing my thinking so that I can continue to change my behaviors and my life forever, so that I can live this wonderful healthier lifestyle that I was meant live. This is not a race, it is a journey, a wonderful journey to optimal health physically, mentally and spiritually.

So please, Realize Your Success today and the path you are on and you will continue to succeed to meet all the goals you have set for yourself and live a healthier lifestyle.

"Every day on plan will lead you to your goal and healthier lifestyle." Mary

2 comments:

  1. Yay Mary!!! That is AMAZING! No small feat to lose that much weight. It's not where we've been that counts but where we're headed. I'm so happy to be the first to follow your blog. My hubby and I are on the same journey... check out our blog at:

    http://www.believingitspossible.blogspot.com/

    Medifast is the best program for us! Thanks for sharing. I will be checking your blog often! :)

    ~Margene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Margene for your kind words and congratulations to you and your husband for staring the Medifast journey. I am so happy for you both. I am honored to have you follow my journey and I will be honored to follow yours as well. Looking forward to getting healthy together. Mary

    ReplyDelete